Wednesday, May 01, 2013

my little bookcase - join in?

This morning, Elizabeth over at Real Learning posted about a meme going around on Instagram for the month of May where we share the best children's books. There is a different category for each day of the month, using hashtag #mylittlebookcase. 

Updated here to add: I wanted to find the source of the Instagram game, and it turns out that this originates with Jackie of My Little Bookcase! What a fun blog. I haven't explored it completely yet, but its worth a look if you like books.

I'm joining in the Instagram game (@livefaithgirl) and will post here on the blog as well. Doesn't that sound like fun? I'm always up for ideas and sharing in the way of books! You too? 



Day 1? A classic.

Brittany's pick - Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott

Dawson's pick - Old Yeller. "It was beautifully written and sad. A true tale of friendship between man and animal - almost a unity of the two."

Alexa's pick - A Little Princess by Frances Hodges Burnett. "Its such a sad story but its so happy at the end that you could cry." 

Maria's pick - Pinnochio.  "I just love the Talking Cricket and the Blue Fairy. I just love it so much."

Kate's pick - Goodnight Gorilla (she's two, so this pick was coerced!)

My pick - Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe. I recently read this and it was amazing. 

For more great picks and ideas, check out Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!